Effective October 1, 2012 Policy Payments, a service of First Insurance Funding of Canada (the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your information. This privacy statement describes PAYMENTS policy information practices. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact PAYMENTS POLICY. Effective As of October 1, 2012, PolicyBill is committed to protecting THE PRIVACY OF YOUR information. This Privacy Statement describes the Payments Practices policies.
- This Privacy Statement covers the information practices of websites that link to this Privacy Statement: www.policybill.com; (collectively referred to as the "Payments POLICY Websites" or "Company Websites"). The Policy Payments Websites may contain links to other websites. PAYMENTS POLICY is not responsible for the practices of the information or content of such other websites. The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of other websites to understand their information practices.
Personal Information Collected
- Policy Payments offers a variety of services which are collectively referred to as the “Service”. Policy Payments collect information about individuals who visit the Company's websites (“Visitors”) and individuals who register to use the Service (“Customers”). Industry (“optional information”). Mandatory Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information are collectively referred to as "Payments About POLICY Customer Data." As you browse the Company's websites, Policy Payments may also collect information through the use of commonly used data collection tools, such as cookies and web beacons (“Website Information on the browsing”). Website browsing information contains standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and the actions you take on Company websites (such as web pages viewed and links clicked).
Use of Information Collected
- The Company uses About POLICY PAYMENTS customer data to perform the requested services. For example, if you fill out a "Contact Me" web form, the Company will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Service. The Company may also use About POLICY customer data for marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use the information you provide to contact you to discuss your interests in policy payments, the service and to send you information about the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- PAYMENTS strategy uses Website Navigation Information to operate and improve the Company's websites. The Company may also use Website navigation information in combination with About POLICY payments customer data to provide personalized information about the Company.
Web Site Navigational Information
- This section describes the types of website browsing information the Company may collect and how the Company may use that information.
There are two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies only exist during a session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer.
If you have chosen to identify yourself to policy payments, the Company uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the Company to uniquely identify you. Each time you log in to the service, an encrypted session cookie containing a unique identifier that is linked to your account is placed on your browser. These session cookies allow the Company to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Service and to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies are required to use the Service.
Policy Payments uses persistent cookies that only the Company can read and use to identify browsers that have previously visited the Company's websites. When you purchase the Service or provide the Company with personal information, a unique identifier is assigned. This unique identifier is associated with a persistent cookie that the Company places on your web browser. The Company is particularly attentive to the security and confidentiality of information stored in permanent cookies. For example, the Company does not store account numbers and passwords in persistent cookies. If you disable your web browser's ability to accept cookies, you will be able to browse the Company's websites.
Police Payments may use session information and persistent cookies in combination with About POLICY Payments Customer Data to provide you with information about the Company and the Service.
Policy Payments may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to collect information about customers and visitor usage of Company websites and interaction with Company emails. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, whether you have visited a particular website linked to the web beacon, and a description of a website linked to the web beacon. For example, Policy Payments may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify the Company when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of the Company's websites. PAYMENTS strategy uses web beacons to operate and improve the Company's websites and electronic communications. Police Payments may use information from web beacons in combination with About POLICY Payments customer data to provide you with information about the Company and the Service.
When you visit the PAYMENTS POLICY website(s), the Company collects your Internet Protocol ("IP") address to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information. For example, Strategy Payments uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and visitors navigate to Company websites. Policy Payments also collects customers' IP addresses when they log into the service as part of the company's security features.
Third party cookies
From time to time, Policy Payments uses third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from people who visit the Company's websites. PAYMENTS policy may also use other third-party cookies to track the performance of the Company's advertisements.Information provided to third parties does not include any personal information, but such information cannot be re-associated with personal information after the Company receives it. This privacy statement does not cover the use of third-party cookies.
Gathering of Information Collected
- About POLICY Payments Policy may share customer data with Company agents so that these agents can communicate with customers and visitors who have provided contact information on our account. POLICY PAYMENTS may also share About POLICY customer data with Company agents to ensure the quality of information provided. PAYMENTS policy does not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for promotional purposes.
- The Payments Policy offers customers and visitors who provide contact information a way to choose how the company uses the information provided. You can manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of Company marketing emails. Additionally, you can send a request specifying your communication preferences to email@example.com. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with insurance payments or services.
- Customers can update or change their registration information or update billing information or have registration information deleted, or who have terminated their account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 1 -888-232-2238. Requests to access, modify or delete your information will be answered within 30 days.
- Payments Customers use the host data and information service (“Customers Data”). POLICY PAYMENTS will not review, share, distribute, or refer to such Customer Data subject to the POLICY PAYMENTS Managed Services Agreement, or as may be required by law. Individual records of customer data may be displayed or accessed solely for the purpose of troubleshooting a problem, support issues, actual or alleged managed services agreement policy payments, or may be required by law. Customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their usernames and passwords.
- Strategy Payments uses robust security measures to protect Customer data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of Customer data. When the Service is accessed through Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later, or Chrome version 10.0 or later, Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protects customer data using server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that customer data is safe, secure, and available only to the customer to whom the information belongs and to whom the customer has granted access. Police Payments hosts its websites in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technologies to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. PAYMENTS POLICY also offers security features within the service that permit customers to configure security settings to the level they deem necessary. Because Company uses the AboutPOLICY Service to store Customer Payments Data, this information is secured in the same manner as described above for Customer Data. PAYMENTS POLICY also offers security features within the service that permit customers to configure security settings to the level they deem necessary. Because Company uses the AboutPOLICY Service to store Customer Payments Data, this information is secured in the same manner as described above for Customer Data. PAYMENTS POLICY also offers security features within the service that permit customers to configure security settings to the level they deem necessary. Because Company uses the AboutPOLICY Service to store Customer Payments Data, this information is secured in the same manner as described above for Customer Data.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- POLICY PAYMENTS reserves the right to modify this privacy statement. PAYMENTS Policy will provide notification of material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company's websites at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.